Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SWEET SKETCH WEDNESDAY 47 AND BUSY BEAUTIES BOUTIQUE



Here we go.......Sweet Sketch Wednesday time!!! Busy Beauties Boutique is our sponsor this week and is offering (Three) free images to the winner of our challenge. I hope you will stop on by their online store and check out their images. I decided to make two cards this week. I love this little fairy. Her name is: "Spring Blossom Beauties". I used my Copic Markers: E02, YG11, E33, Y08, Y00, YG11, YG03, YG95, YG67, 393, RV42 and RV13. The paper is from Stampin Up and paper from my stash. I used stickles and glitter glue. The Ribbon is from Michaels. The scallop shapes were cut by my Cricut machine. I am going to have to start using it more. I am amazed at the shapes I have in some of the cartridges. The sentiment is digital.
For my second card I used the image: "Chillin Randy".


This sweet little guy reminds me of my little grandson. He turns 3 years old today! Happy Birthday Logan! We are going to celebrate on Saturday with a party at the park. We are hoping for good weather but the odds are not in our favor. We have another storm front coming in.
I used green because that is his favorite color. If he had had his way, I would have had a big number 6 on the front of this little guys shirt. That is his very favorite number!
Once again, I used paper from Stampin Up and DCWV. I used ribbon from Michaels. The Copic markers are: B32, R27, E02, E33, E00 and YG03.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great week and I hope you will join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Photobucket


15 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy these are just gorgeous! Love them both. Had a tough time picking an image myself but Carolyn was so kind. Love Chillin' Randy, reminds me of my three year old too. Happy Birthday to your Grandson i'm sure you'll all have a ball on Saturday whatever the weather.

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute cards hun. Love the dp's on both of them! Hope you are keeping well.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards always bring a smile to my face. One for the boys and one for the girls. As always perfection. I always forget to use my cricut too even though it is sitting here staring right at me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the weather changes its mind and you can enjoy a good day at the park. Such wonderful cards Nancy. I love that you made two cards with this sketch - if I had just a bit more time I would make 15 with these sketches LOL.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on both cards! I especially like the Randy card. Very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous cards Nancy!!! I've gotta say, that little birthday card for your grandson is out of this world adorable...as I'm sure is he!!! I can't wait to play along with this sketch!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you did it again Nancy! I just love the coloring on your first card! The image is so beautiful! And your Randy card is just simply adorable! I had to go crying to Carolyn to help me pick my image, I was so overwhelmed! LOL!! I hope the weather doesn't get too bad there and you see some sunshine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, you are so motivated. I'm lucky to get one card finished. Both of these cards are fabulous. I love the papers you used and I can tell that the fairy really stands out. I bet Logan will enjoy his birthday card you made! I should use my cricut more. Have a great B-day celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy I love both of your cards this week.Your coloring is always so perfect. I dint remember seeing the boy. He is so perfect for your boy card. Thanks so much for all you do to help me with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are absolutely fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy! Love these sweet cards of yours, particularly the pretty fairy card - you make those images shine with the colours and of course the gorgeous design thanks to the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, your cards are so utterly gorgeous; I just love those papers! I love that you cut that scallop on your Cricut - now I'll have to copy because I'm always looking for a background to layer upon and just NEVER think of that machine - how clever of you! The little fairy is a favorite of mine and I love how you stickled parts. I love the boy card - the green is just really gorgeous! Your designer papers are so luscious! I do love those flowers - thanks for responding that you make them - I love making flowers too! I just bought some and will have to replicate them for future projects. Maybe I'll have a "flower" day so that I can have them on hand when I need them. I now have diamond dust to give it a glistening effect w/glossy accents underneath. Sounds good...we'll see...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL!!!! That is all I can say about your Spring BLossom Beauty! She is BEAUTIFUL! I love the shimmer and that lovely ribbon.

    Randy is toooooooo cute! I love how you kept his card more simple and guyish. I love the dew drop on his hat! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them both! Fairies are one of my favorites and that ribbon is amazing! The little boy card is just perfect!

    Peace & luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, Nancy!!!! Talk about two SPECTACULAR creations!!! These two sweeties are IT!!! I love the fabulous colors and papers, and you colored these images to sheer perfection!!!! You have truly breathed new life into these images with your marvelous details!!! Love, love, love them!!!!

    I hope your grandson has a FABBY-RIFFIC birthday!!! I may have to get you a Randy image with the #6 on his shirt;o) Here's hoping the weather cooperates and the predicted storm passes. Have a wonderful day:o)

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Blog Widget by LinkWithin