Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SSW 191 and Birdie Brown

Good morning and welcome to my blog. 

 I have been so excited to share some pictures from a "Color Run" my family participated in this past week in Phoenix, AZ.  We have not had rain for months and the weekend of the race, it has rained for three straight days.  We were so sure that the weather would be fabulous because it was in Phoenix.  What else could it be.  Well, a little rain didn't stop our family.  The only concern that we had was that the people conducting the event might cancel the race because of the weather.  But, the race was on.....and was it ever fun.  The race was for the "Special Olympics" in our area. 
 ( Sponsoring those with Disabilities) 
It is a very worthwhile cause.  A division of my work is devoted to children and adults with disabilities.

However, for my family, we had our own special reason for participating in the run. 
Our family dedicated the run to Mike who passed away three years on ago on January 25th from cancer and to a dear friend of ours "Krista" that is struggling with her fight against cancer.
My daughter, Elisa made the Perry the Platypus hats....Yes, we are the Perry clan.
A friend from work came down a participated with us too.  I feel bad we didn't get pictures of her.  She barely made it in time for the race. 

Here are our fun "before" and "after" pictures.  








We stopped for lunch at "Red Robin" on the way home.  I must say we really got some looks from people.  I guess not everyone knew about the "Color Run".  Oh well.  We had a blast and that is what counts.  Thanks to my family for making this one of the best weekends in some time..Love you all. 

Now, for our sponsor this week over at
SWEET SKETCH WEDNESDAY

Torico
from
Birdie Brown




Birdie Brown
Hello everyone! I'm Torico, the owner of Birdie Brown. I'm a mom to two kids who live in Japan. I've been loving doodling since I was a child, and have a passion for card making now!
At my Etsy shop, Birdie Brown, I'm offering whimsical and cute (Japanese "kawaii") digital stamps created from my original illustrations. I love "simple & cute" designs. So, most of my digital stamps are designed to match such a style. If you also like "simple & cute" style, you'll find something you have been wanting on Birdie Brown!!


Our Grand Prize Winner will receive:  3 digital images of your choice




Summer Memories

 
Supplies
Stampin Up and Recollection papers
Rhinestones
Twilled Flower
Fisker Flower Punch
Brad
Stampin Up Round Corner Punch
Cuttlebug Lattace Embossing Folder
Copics

Photobucket

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments!

8 comments:

  1. Nancy,
    What a great post. Love the after photos. So fun! You card is just darling, what a sweet image and papers. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did NOT know that you lived in Arizona! I grew up there! My sister and niece did that same run! I was amazed at how much goop they got in their hair and on their face! Thanks for sharing those! Fun to see YOUR pictures! Love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome photos - so many wonderful SMILES!!! What a special weekend!! Love your card - that image is adorable!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos,
    your card is so sweet,
    thanks for comment on my blog
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nancy, thanks for sharing your photos! There are nothing but smiles on everyone's face! Fun time for sure was had by all.

    Absolutely adorable card. Such a sweet image, makes me think of spring. Love the pinks and greens too. Enjoy the weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a blast despite the rain Nancy and thanks so much for sharing! We can never do enough to try and help and events like that one can make it fun!

    Your card is as sweet as can be and I love the colors and that pink plaid paper!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hats Nancy - you have one very talented friend to make them. Love your card too. It makes me think of Spring, which I am still (im)patiently waiting for. Hope you have a good week. Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nancy what awesome photo's I just love them especially those T-Shirts, that looked wonderful to start with and then what happened they got wet and whatever they were coloured with ran together which looks totally amazing and it was for such a good cause.
    I do love you card is looks so sweet and the pink plaid paper is just so pretty. Still very hot and humid here but it did rain last night for a first time in over 6 weeks, it's think misty rain hopefully it will green up our lawn which is brown. Take care and have a lovely week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Blog Widget by LinkWithin